It’s the end of yet another whirlwind of a year!
I say this every year but honestly I cannot believe HOW FAST time goes these days. 2015 has had its ups and downs for the Young family but for the most part it has been good to us. We had some challenging times when Cliff was out of work for 5 months and I’ve faced two rounds of retrenchments at work and our kids, well they are growing beautifully but that entails pushing many boundaries which make my short fuse explode and I’ve found myself being a shouty, smacky mother way more often than I care to mention.
It feels like just yesterday I was sitting wondering what 2015 was going to have in store for us and now I’m sitting here on the precipice of 2016 and wondering the same thing…
I’ve seen a few bloggers doing their Q&A round up’s and I will be following suit…
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I went on a mommy holiday and spent a week by myself in Plett to run the Knysna half marathon.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions per say but I do try think of the way I would like to have the next year work out. I will do the same this year and see how it goes.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, in my pajama’s drinking champers. Probably wont’ make midnight… lol oh how times have changed.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A good friend lost her husband tragically 2 days before Christmas. His passing has shaken me a lot.
5. What countries did you visit?
None! I would love to try save for a trip to Europe sometime. How I’m not sure cos with our current rate of exchange it seems unlikely…
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
To be more focused on being in the moment. To stop messing around on my phone and BE there for my family. To refocus and spend quality time with my husband.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15th January – being wedged tightly between two car seats on our way to Plett and having to entertain a screaming toddler and older child with only one Ipad (first world problems I know)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well now. I can’t say that anything really stands out as being my biggest achievement, but I do have quite a few memorable dates etched in my mind.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Allowing myself to lose my grip and shout and smack my kids when they push my buttons.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had a few nasty bouts of gastro (thanks kids) and have been battling with my knee’s (MUST do my bum exercises)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new running shoes.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Seattle coffee and FOOD.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Again nothing really stands out other than Adele’s Hello mostly because it was played to death on the radio.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging and reading. More quality friend dates.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending too much time on my phone.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Game of Thrones. Vikings.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hatred is a wasted emotion
18. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read many but Gone Girl was excellent
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m not a big music fundo, so nothing
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Little Prince – I loved the book as a child and I adored the movie – gave me so much food for thought and made me cry! It really is beautiful movie. (this was also probably the one one I saw on the big screen)
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Um…. good question! I think I slept late and then spent the day with my family.
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
I missed a few good friends cos we just could never get it together to see each other. This will be remedied in 2016 I hope.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some wonderful new work colleagues – clever, funny, amazing girls who I think I will make solid friends out of.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015
It is just as important to sow into your own well being as it is to sow into the well being of others. Take care of number 1 first! And if people can’t allow you to do this, they don’t deserve your time or your efforts.
Here is wishing each and every one of you a wonderful passage from 2015 into 2016!
May the new year be good to you in ways you could never imagine 🙂